Get the latest content and program updates from The Source via The Insider from Life Time. As a thank you, get 20 percent off your next $100-plus purchase of Life Time supplements.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (28–30 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (30 oz.) chili beans in sauce
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole-kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Sliced avocado
Cook the ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up clumps, until browned and cooked through. Add the taco seasoning packet and finish cooking according to the package instructions.
In a large slow cooker, combine the turkey taco meat, red bell pepper, tomato sauce, chili beans, corn, kidney beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, and cumin. Cover and cook on low for six hours.
Spoon the chili into bowls. Top with assorted toppings, such as a shredded Mexican cheese blend, full-fat plain Greek yogurt, sliced avocado, and cilantro, if desired.