Get the latest content and program updates from The Source via The Insider from Life Time. As a thank you, get 20 percent off your next $100-plus purchase of Life Time supplements.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1/2 tbs. Szechuan paste
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 3 oz. shredded carrots
- 10 oz. Japanese whole-wheat noodles
- 1 tbs. toasted sesame oil
Whisk together the broth, soy sauce, ginger, Szechuan paste, and garlic. Add the chicken, broth mixture, green onion, spinach, and carrots to a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cover and allow the mixture to cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Cook the Japanese noodles according to the directions on the package. Once the noodles are cooked, rinse, return to pot, and toss in sesame oil.
Portion the noodles into bowls and pour the chicken and broth mixture over the top.