Get the latest content and program updates from The Source via The Insider from Life Time. As a thank you, get 20 percent off your next $100-plus purchase of Life Time supplements.
- 8 oz. brown rice noodles
- 3 tbs. light brown sugar
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 2 tbs. tamarind concentrate (or 1/4 cup lime juice)
- 1 tbs. chili sauce (or more if you like spice)
- 2 tbs. avocado oil
- 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces protein of your choice, such as chicken or tofu, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, shaved into thin strips using a peeler
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 scallions, white ends thinly sliced and green ends cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Roasted peanuts
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Red pepper flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Bean sprouts
- Lime wedge
Prepare the rice noodles according to directions listed on the package.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, fish sauce, tamarind, and chili sauce. Set aside.
While the noodles are cooking, heat the avocado oil in a well-seasoned wok or large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
Once hot, add the shallots, garlic, and protein and sauté until protein is cooked through. Transfer to a plate, leaving oil in the skillet.
Add the bell pepper, carrots, and cabbage to the skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes. Then, add the scallions and bean sprouts, sautéing for one minute or so longer.
Push the veggies to the edge of the skillet and crack the eggs into the center. Cook and scramble until the are almost cooked through, then add in the protein, garlic, and shallots mixture, and mix together with the vegetables.
Add the noodles and sauce. Toss together and cook for about another five minutes. Serve warm as is or with desired toppings.