Get the latest content and program updates from The Source via The Insider from Life Time. As a thank you, get 20 percent off your next $100-plus purchase of Life Time supplements.
- 4 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, excess fat removed
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 oz.) can tomato puree
- 4 tbs. coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbs. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, diced
Add the pork, onion, and pineapple to a slow cooker.
Whisk together the remaining ingredients.
Spread the mixture evenly over the pork in the slow cooker. Cook on high for six hours.
Shred the pork with two large forks, removing any excess fat.
Serve over a bed of lettuce or kale, or add to a whole-grain bun to create a sandwich.