There’s no doubt that Mother’s Day is going to be a little different this year, yet these challenging times make it more important than ever to show mom how much she means to you. Take inspiration from these ideas to express your love and gratitude — whether you’re sheltering in place together or celebrating from afar.
Memorable At-Home Experiences
- Family workouts. Have fun and get moving with an activity you can all do together. Choose from a range of easy-to-follow family workout classes for kids of all ages.
- Breakfast in bed. Treat mom to brunch at home — and in pajamas! Play chef for the morning and whip up this baked oatmeal, broccoli frittata, crispy oat waffles, or cinnamon roll shake.
- Relaxing soak or spa night. Let mom unwind and have some time to herself. Run her a hot bath, set up a space for self-treatments and time to catch up on some reading or a podcast, or just enjoy some quiet. Here are five at-home spa ideas, including DIY face and hair-mask recipes.
- Take on the chores. Housework has seldom been more challenging. Surprise mom when she wakes up by presenting her with a clean house, dish-less sink, or pile of freshly folded laundry.
Healthy Additions for a Healthy Life
- Much-deserved pampering. Give mom something to look forward to when this is behind us: a stress-relieving spa treatment or salon service to freshen up homebound cuts and colors. Buy a $100 LifeSpa gift card and receive a $20 bonus now through May 10.
- Healthy information and inspiration. From the first page to the last, Experience Life — Life Time’s whole-life health and fitness magazine — is full of nutritious recipes, effective workouts, and practical advice for healthy living. No gimmicks, no hype. Give a one-year, 10-issue subscription for just $15 ($25 in Canada).
- At-home massage. The Theragun is a deep-muscle massage tool that uses rapid, repetitive strokes to stimulate blood flow and heat, soothing sore and stiff muscles and naturally relieving pain.
- Wearable tech. A smart and sleek addition for any workout routine, these stylish wearables offer fitness tracking, heart-rate monitoring, and more. Choose from the vivosmart 4, vivomove HR, or fenix 6S pro.
- Yoga gear. Moms can reap the benefits of this mind-body practice on Manduka’s slip-resistant yoga mat, or wear this essential oil mala bead bracelet that promotes peace and calm.
- Better recovery. Recovery is an essential part of every workout regimen, helping to maximize the benefits of your fitness efforts. This Vyper vibrating roller is great to use pre- and post-workout; it can also help increase your range of motion, circulation, and blood flow.
- Essential accessories. Help mom stay hydrated with this Life Time water bottle, or give her this camo backpack to transport her workout gear. (Fun fitness tip: Fill a backpack with something heavy for an easy at-home workout equipment substitute.)
Connect While Staying Apart
- Distance dinner party or game night. Share smiles, play games, and celebrate mom during a virtual gathering via Zoom, FaceTime, or other video apps that allow you to bring family members both near and far together.
- Special delivery. Made with love, delicious and healthy, and delivered safely to her door, make mom some of our favorite better-for-you treats: coconut chocolate truffles, brownie bites, nut butter banana muffins, coconut-cherry almond cookies, or a gluten-free sourdough starter.
- Video montage. Seeing the faces of our loved ones can go a long way toward offsetting feelings of isolation. Compile memories you’ve filmed, or collect short videos from your siblings, relatives, or friends and put together a video filled with favorite moments or messages of thanks to and love for mom.